If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be ‘meetings.’
— Dave Barry
Two Cornerstone Activities
If conversational capacity is a foundational aspect of building organizations that work, certain activities serve as critical building blocks. In this highly practical workshop you and your team will strengthen your collective conversational capacity by focusing on two cornerstone activities: running more effective meetings and making sharper, smarter decisions. You’ll learn to create an upward spiral of performance in which every meeting or decision strengthens the conversational capacity of the group, which in turn makes the next meeting or decision all the more effective.
In this interactive, action-focused workshop participants will learn to do the following:
- Create a shared approach to decision-making that leads to smarter decisions that people understand and are committed to implementing.
- Learn to run meetings that are more focused, engaging, and effective. The goal is to decrease the time you spend in meetings while increasing the value you’re getting out of them.
- Treat every meeting as a dojo for strengthening your team’s capacity to work in the sweet spot when it counts.
Throughout the session participants will identify key ways to apply the learning, and update their Personal Plans.
This course works well in conjunction with these courses:
- Smart Team Leadership
- Leading UP
- Creating a Conversational Culture
- The Conversational Capacity Practicum
Length: 2 hours
Format: Virtual or in-person